We asked some culinary experts how to cook up a festive feast on a FeelGood budget. Here’s cook Mandy Miller Simmonds on how to make a warming prawn curry – perfect for Christmas Eve (or any other wintry night spent at home with the family)
Zopa asked me to come up with a budget friendly family meal for Christmas Eve. This year has been really tricky and many of us need to watch what we spend over Christmas. Here is an amazing family friendly Prawn Korma which is super easy to prepare and won’t cost the earth, in fact it comes in at under £3 per person and doesn’t compromise on taste one bit.
Ready to start cooking? Grab your pots and pans and follow along with the video or the recipe below.
- Sauté the onions until soft.
- Add the garlic, ginger and chilli and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the spices and the chickpeas and stir.
- Pour in the cream and bring to a very gentle simmer for 7-10 minutes so that the flavours infuse.
- Add the prawns and cook for 5 minutes.
Mandy is a home cook with a focus on food for the family and recipes that aren’t overly complicated, but are always full of flavour. You ca find out more about her (and see more delicious recipes) on her website, Simply Food by Mandy.